A hard day of work and then i went to the hospital to visit a friend who had had a hear attack at work. all is fine and well with him. (Billy) at least he is optimistic about his six bypass surgery tomorrow morning.
What i am getting to though, is afterward i met Jessica and Bradley at Costa Vida for an evening time meal. the food was delicious and we got hooked up with free ice cream afterward too. Bradley was so cold, but he managed to power through the majority of his frozen treat. when it was time to leave, we asked Bradley who he wanted to ride home with. I like to think that he chose me, because he likes me better, or maybe he missed me while i was working all day. Perhaps he had just had his fill of mom time for the day and needed a break. So, we get loaded up, and on the drive home he is convinced that we will NEVER see mom again. to help settle him down i tried to call her so he could hear her voice and know that everything was ok. after about six failed attempts, he is far less than convinced. (I figured she was enjoying a little loud music and just didn't hear the call.) Of course I tried to reassure him that we would see her at home, and he calmed down some. Then he told me that before we go home we had to go to your yammy. At least that's what it sounded like to me. I repeated back to him "your yammy?" "NO!!!" he replied. "YOUR YAMMY!!" Now i understood that this yammy that he was so passionate about was something that belonged to me. "My yammy?" i asked him. he acknowledged that i was correct and now I was a little confused. I knew that i had to investigate further before his little head exploded in that back of the Subaru. (We have it up for sale and I think that would depreciate the value. We would have to lower our asking price.) I asked him what is my yammy and the little light bulb finally turned on in my brain when he said "That is where grandpa Jeff is." At least he has learned that his stuff is his stuff and my stuff belongs to me. Though you wouldn't know it by spying on him when he is supposed to be in bed and thinks I am down stairs and not creepily peering around that corner at him in my bathroom going through my cologne.
The youngster was disappointed once again when i told him that there was no way we could make it to Miami tonight. Now he would never see mommy or grandpa Jeff again. About this time Jessica passed us in the Jeep. Finally I had a hand to deal. I pointed out the white clunker to him and instead of rejoicing, it was not "Go get her! She is winning us." I had let my son down enough this evening so I took a short cut and we became the victors. Now mommy is home safe. We won her. and as for grandpa Jeff... Maybe Bradley can call his yammy tomorrow morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment