Saturday, December 19, 2009
Paintball in the snow
Today Bradley and I went out into the hills while Jessica was sleeping for the day. (She is working graveyard shift. Not just being lazy.) I have recently installed a scope in my marker and wanted ti sight it in. Bradley wanted to play in the snow. We both got outfitted into our warmest winter apparel and loaded up into the Jeep. Like a shot we were off to the hills to create our own kind of mayhem. We got to my secret place where I can safely soot the paint marker without attracting any unwanted attention. It is not illegal to fire a paintball marker in the neighborhoods, but the people, I think, would still complain. I did not have a lot of co2 so we just went up to use what I had. My paintball gun is so big compared to Bradley that he could hardly hold the thing. I held the front of the marker to help him aim and to steady the marker. He and I built little snowmen that he and I could gun down. Like a miniature cowboy in the snow with an assault rifle, Bradley leveled a foot tall evil doer of ice and snow. The most devious laugh follows and then he laid waste to the 10 inch snow demon next to the fallen snow man. I found It funny that he then told me that we don't point guns at people and only at a snow man or a rock. He hasn't ever been shot with a paintball. I think he is still way too young for that, but I don't think you can be too young to learn firearm safety. He doesn't know all the rules, but I think he is learning well and a paint ball gun is a great way to teach a 3 year old.(soon to be a four year old.) He sure does seem to be growing up fast. when we got done shooting we decided to play in the snow for a little while. the snow was crusted on top and powder underneath. We punched holes in the icy top and pulled up giant slabs of crusty snow tops. these could be used as weapons or as shields. The crusted snow top was soft enough that I could throw him into the snow and he would just sink a little bit. A snow ball to the face and a sweep to the leg. Bradley was kickin' my butt. We played until his tiny hands started to freeze and he wanted to come home. That was one of the funnest afternoons that I have had for a little while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad that Bradley already knows a little about firearm safety. Sounds like you two had a lot of fun doing the Father/Son bonding thing. Having kids has it's rewards.
ReplyDeleteAwww FUN!!! I love that you made a snowman to shoot down! HAHA!
ReplyDelete