Monday, November 16, 2009

The cops

Bradley and I were horsing around, like normal and i could hear some police sirens outside. I asked the little super star if he could hear anything. He got real quiet and then said, "It's the cops!"I asked if they were gonna come take him away. He didn't think muck of it and said nope. Then I asked if he thought that the cops should take mommy and daddy away. Again, not really thinking about it he changed his answer to yes. I was curious now so I asked him why. Just cause was his reply. I told him that if mommy and I got taken away then he would have the house to himself. A big smile smirked across his face. It seemed that he thought that would not be such a bad thing. I asked him if he could make his own food. "No." he answered disappointedly. Then I asked If he could make his own drinks. I started to see that smile on his face turn upside down. "No." he answered again. I had the realization of how much a mom and a dad are like god to a 3 year old. He started to cry and he hugged me. I asked him what was wrong and he was under the impression that the cops were going to come take me away right then. I assured him that the cops were not gonna take me away and told him that the cops are our friend and the just want to help us unless we do something real bad. ( This might come in handy the next time he empties the hand soap out on the carpet.) I think Bradley knows how much he needs Jessica and I, but it is nice to have things put into perspective sometimes. Then I realize how much I need him too.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love those moments when you can see them learning and growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every once in a while it's nice to be a parent :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, this almost made me get teary eyed!

    ReplyDelete