What do snoopy and a contacts case have in common. Well, this post is not of something that Bradley and I did together. It is not so much of the fun moments that he and I shared or even of great plans that I have made for he and I to create memories that we may one day look back and laugh about. This is about cause and affect. How because of my sometimes under appreciated son, I get to (with grateful help from my lovely wife.) repair things that normally would function for years on end without more trouble than routine maintenance. So now, what do the snoopy toy and a contacts case have in common? They were both strategically placed to clog both of the toilets in our house. Of course, one item per bowl and neither the plunger nor the drain snake could budge either of these items. Jessica and I are fairly new to home repairs, especially of this nature. Sure I have unclogged a toilet or two in my day, but this extraction took some special skills.
We first unbolted the porcelain monument from the very ground that it was bolted to and lifted, only to find that I had not examined the situation carefully enough. The water line was still hooked up. After turning off the water and draining as much as I could from the tank and bowl combination, we tried again. This time we had more success. After setting the unit aside we ran the snake down the drain to make sure that the problem was not on that side. I didn't figure it was, so we ran the snake up the underside of the toilet. A noise! I kept ramming the snake and Jess was able to fit her hand in and touch the foreign object. She was not able to get her fingers around it and that was a problem. after doing a full summer salt and draining the rest of the water onto the floor I ran the snake up again and after much fondling she was able to pull a snoopy toy from the bowl. I was much like the rabbit from the hat trick, except nobody in the room wanted to pet this bunny. We were able to put it all back together and set off to the other clogged toilet. I guess I gave away the ending to that expedition, but we did have to use the same process and we thought ahead and were able to control the water loss and mess making a little more.
I recall when I was young, my dad emerged from the bathroom with a missing shampoo bottle in hand and a displeased look on his face. I now have a feeling in my heart toward my son that may be similar to the feeling that my father once had for the children that lived in his home. I hope that he can look back and laugh at it, or at least he can laugh at my humbling experience and if I live long enough I hope to see a similar look on Bradley's face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sick. Pretty sure dad pulled out my pony too. Remember? we called it the poo pony after that!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA!! I remember the poo pony!! Oh man... "snoopy go down the hole!"
ReplyDelete