Monday, November 9, 2009

Night of the living Brad

Last night we went to bed like normal. A little later than I would like, but that is normal I guess. About 3AM I hear "Dad?" Bradley was up. I answered him and asked what was wrong. He told me that his legs hurt. This has been happening from time to time. I think he may be having growing pains, though if his family genes have any say, he might be almost done growing. I figure I am as tall as I am ever gonna be and happy to be as tall as I am. Bradley is almost caught up to his aunt Lisa and, lets face it, at her 4'11.5" anyone taller in my family is lucky. We have a thing where we like to be at least 5 feet even. Enough bashing on the short crowd. Bradley came in and I rubbed his legs for a bit, and like normal it helped. I said that he needed to lay down in his bed, but I had forgotten about the bad guys that live in his closet. I have been meaning to tell them that their rent is way past due and they need to vacate the premises, but I am not real sure that would quite do the job. I told the little tyke that I would lay down with him and that was enough to move into the other, toy covered, room. We grabbed his blankets and laid down on his low rider bed. He was hot! I noticed as I put my arm around him. I told him that I would Check his temperature and stay put. Like a good little puppy he did. Thermometer read 103.8 Fahrenheit. I couldn't recall what medicine he needed so I had to wake up Jessica. I still can't recall what is was, but I took care of it then and tried to talk him into going to bed. He insisted that I check on him like always and when I agreed he said that I wasn't going to. I told him that I had to wake up in an hour for work and then I would check on him. As soon as he said ok, he was asleep. All of this is kind of a pain, and today at work was kind of brutal, but it sure is a neat thing when I can make him feel better.

3 comments:

  1. Poor munchkin!! I hope he doesn't have swine flu!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad to hear Bradley's not feeling well. Hope he gets better soon. Shayla had growing pains too so she knows all about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, poor bradley and those short genes... I feel his pain!

    ReplyDelete