Wednesday, May 12, 2010

the cheesecake factory

so... we wanted to get Bradley a fish. so we did. In fact we got a few fish. five guppy's and a beta. the beta is Bradley's fish. his name changes a lot if you ask Bradley, but Jess and I call him Spock. having five guppy's we thought it appropriate to name them Lenard, Sheldon, Raj, Howard and Penny. after only a day Howard died. It was a sad day in the Dickson home. Today I went back to the pet store to exchange the dead Howard for a new one, Howard 2.0. Of course Howard 2.0 had to be better than the 1.0 version, so i got a prettier one. when i went to check out the new fish was $2.14 extra. I asked why and the guy at Petsmart told me he was a glofish. I had no idea what that meant so i nodded my head like I knew what he was talking about. (I am sure he knew better) As soon as i got home i jumped on wiki mobile on my phone and looked up glofish. I turns out that the glofish is a patented fish that has been genetically altered from the zebra fish, and it is the first genetically altered animal to be available to the public as a pet, although that was not the original intention. Bradley loves feeding the fish every day. I think that this will be a good set of pets for our family. that is if the cats don't eat them.

2 comments:

  1. cool about the fish. though I admit I have no idea what that has to do with cheesecake...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I loooooooved that you named them what you did! And I get the cheesecake facotry thing, hehehehe :)

    ReplyDelete